Purpose of Teaming: Through teaming with other instructors, we are able to create a whole new classroom environment. Giving both students and ourselves the opportunity to develop new connections and thought processes is what learning is all about. Through this type of approach, we can offer students some variety and a step away from the mundanity of day to day lessons. Teaming also allows us as instructors to become closer and learn from one another. We also gain an opportunity to get to know students in different ways. For example, maybe one student is quiet and reserved in history class but when it comes to P.E. they are pumped and extremely engaged. Not only does this allow us to see new sides of our students but we can take these observations and then implement them into our lesson plans by seeing how some students react better or worse to different stimuli.
Kelly O'Connell-Social Sciences-History
- "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - William Arthur Ward
Ryan Gelber: Social Sciences-Geography
- "Five fingers forming a fist is far stronger than an open hand- Working together makes for stronger results."
Sierra Burris- Physical Education
- “It’s not about winning and losing, it’s about how you play the game.”
Emma De Biasio- Special Education - Middle Level English
- "I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think." -Socrates
Both students and teachers will be held up to certain standards. We have created a brief list of these expectations:
- I will respect others and the environment
- I will be prepared for class with the needed materials
- I will let others finish speaking before I begin to share my thoughts
- I will ask questions if at any point I feel confused or unsure of the lesson